Well, it’s been just about six months since I moved to Singapore! (Mr. Producer has been here nearly a year – wow!) I went out for a long bike ride at Gardens by the Bay and East Coast Park today, took some photos and had some time to reflect. Here’s My Top Ten List of Random Things I’ve Learned About Singapore:
1. It is not a dry heat. (It is a very sweaty heat.)
2. Singapore’s skyline is the most futuristic of any in the world.
3. Stilettos and short shorts are acceptable attire at any hour of any day, anywhere.
4. This country can eat. (Like nobody’s business.)
5. This country can cook. (So I don’t have to. Yay!)
6. McDonald’s motorcycle delivery is super impressive. (Sometimes you just need a cheeseburger.)
7. Proximity to other awesome countries is second-to-none. (In two hours you can get to like seven!)
8. TV sucks, but Olympic coverage was The Best Ever. (Ten channels, every sport, every heat, 24/7)
9. The efficiency of Customs & Immigration is awe-inspiring. (Crazy but true.)
10. You will never, not even once, need a jacket.
Bonus! 11. Singapore thunder and lightning… very, very frightening. But pretty cool if you’re inside!
Long live the Lion City! Here’s to six months!